* OK, so Scott Mathieson didn't have a very good first appearance. He gave up 2 ER in less than 1 IP. But it's early and he's been out of the league for a long time, so lets give him a chance.
* It looks like we have some answers regarding the Chase Utley injury situation. He's been battling a sore knee, hasn't had an MRI, and clearly doesn't want to talk about it. It was nice to see him pop a big, 3-run HR last night. Hopefully, whatever issue he has will heal itself over time. Unfortunately, courtesy of the fans, Utley probably won't get an all-star vacation.
*2010 NL All-Star Voting*
* Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz left Friday's game in the eighth inning after Jason Kubel's broken bat hit him on the side of the head. It is unclear if he will return for tonight's game to catch Cole Hamels.
* Shortstop Jimmy Rollins played nine innings on Friday in a rehab game in Clearwater. He went 1-for-3 with one walk, one RBI and two runs scored. The most realistic scenario (lets hope) has him returning to the Phillies on Tuesday against the Cleveland Indians.
* In less optimistic injury news, Phillies left-hander J.A. Happ pitched five innings in a rehab start Friday night with Double-A Reading. He didn't look impressive --- he allowed five hits, four runs, three walks and one home run. GM Ruben Amaro said he looked "a little stiff."